– Global finals to be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina on October 26th –
LEUVEN, BELGIUM – 1 August 2011 – Stella Artois announced today the fifteenth annual installment of its iconic World Draught Masters competiton which will once again see bartenders and consumers from more than 28 countries compete to demonstrate their mastery of the Stella Artois 9-step Pouring Ritual. Inspired by more than six hundred years of brewing tradition, this annual programme celebrates the skill and care that go into creating and pouring the ultimate “Thing of Beauty” – a perfect chalice of Stella Artois.
Over the next several months would-be Draught Masters around the world will receive bespoke training, and participate in regional and national competitions for the chance to represent their country at the Stella Artois World Draught Masters Global Finals. This year, the marquee event will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, continuing the brand’s tradition of bringing the competition from its home country of Belgium to cosmopolitan cities around the globe: in 2009, the event was held at the iconic New York Public Library; last year’s global finals were held at London’s historic Old Billingsgate.
“We are thrilled to be bringing the drama and excitement of the World Draught Masters competition to Buenos Aires this year,” said Alexander Lambrecht, Global Marketing Manager, Stella Artois. “Since its introduction in Buenos Aires in 2004, Stella Artois has grown to become the number one premium beer brand in Argentina. Guests at this year’s event will be invited to step into the Stella Artois world, infused with unique and sophisticated elements of Argentine culture.”
Global ambassador travels the globe
In August, 2010 World Draught Master Chris Myers will embark on a global tour to share his passion and dedication to the craft of the perfect pour with aspiring Draught Masters around the world. Follow his journey online at www.stellaartois.com
Now in its fifteenth year, the annual Stella Artois World Draught Master competition epitomises the art and beauty involved in delivering a superior beer experience and showcases the unique Belgian experience that Stella Artois aficionados around the world enjoy.
For more information about the Stella Artois 2011 World Draught Masters competition, visit www.stellaartois.com.
Media requiring further information or interview opportunities please contact:
Notes to Editors
The Stella Artois 9-Step Pouring Ritual:
- The Purification – Use a clean and rinsed Stella Artois chalice glass
- The Sacrifice – Open the tap in one quick action and let the first drops of beer flow away
- The Liquid Alchemy – Hold the glass just under the tap without touching it at a 45° angle
- The Head, although ‘Crown’ would be more appropriate – Lower the glass to allow the natural formation of the foam head
- The Removal – Close the tap quickly and move the glass away so beer doesn’t drip into the glass
- The Beheading – While the head foams up and overflows the side of the glass, smooth it gently with a head cutter
- The Cleansing – Clean the bottom and sides of the glass
- The Judgement – The right amount of foam is usually about two fingers
- The Bestowal – Present the beer on a clean beer coaster with the logo facing the consumer