Budweiser Unveils Heroes Programme for the Chance to Win a FIFA World CupTM Experience and Collaboration with VICE on Digital Content Series
London, UK – (March 19, 2014) – Budweiser, the official beer sponsor of the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM, has revealed the next components of its, global content series as part of the brand’s Rise As One FIFA World CupTM campaign with the digital debut of their first 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM television advertisement entitled, Believe As One.
Centred around the Rise As One thematic which honours the moments that unite football fans worldwide, Believe As One will air in markets around the world, capturing the spirit of anticipation now building as fans and players eagerly look ahead to the FIFA World CupTM tournament. 30 second TV spots in the UK will start on 24th March.
Believe As One is the first of two new FIFA World CupTM advertisements by Budweiser, and was filmed in black and white. It highlights the passion and pride for the sport that unites fans around the world, irrespective of the team they support.
“Football is unique in its ability to unite fans all over the globe and its unifying power is never more evident than when the world comes together during the FIFA World CupTM,” said Andrew Sneyd, Global Vice President, Budweiser. Through the Rise As One campaign and our new spot Believe As One, Budweiser showcases the passion and building anticipation shared by fans and players the world over.”
Budweiser Heroes: From Across the Globe and in your Community
Budweiser celebrates football heroes that exist not only on the global stage, but also in local communities around the world. Budweiser Heroes, a new partnership with VICE, will highlight the real-life stories of individuals who have made a significant impact in their community and how their love of football has transformed the lives of everyday people.
Fans are encouraged to submit stories about their own footballing heroes who have gone the extra mile to do something truly game-changing for his or her teammates or community through their love of the sport. UK fans should visit www.riseasone.com to nominate their own hero. Fans that enter can rally support for their heroes by sharing their stories through social networks.
Winners will receive a trip to the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM, tickets to a football match and a three-day stay at the Budweiser Hotel in Rio de Janeiro*.
In addition to the stories submitted by fans around the world, Budweiser and VICE are creating a series of short digital episodes that follow the same campaign theme and will tell five incredible and inspiring stories from around the world. They are:
- From Brazil, “Football is Believing” – in this film a highly competitive form of the sport is played by blind and partially-sighted athletes. This film follows as one of the top teams in Brazil tries to pull a new player out of isolation.
- In Koh Panyee, a tiny island floating off the coast of Thailand, a group of football-crazed fishermen faced a unique problem in that there was no land to play the beautiful game. This short explores how a group of friends came up with an idea that would eventually spawn one of the most successful football clubs in southern Thailand.
- Situated in the Darfur region in Eastern Chad, the Djabal Refugee Camp is home to six tribes, many of whom have been in conflict for centuries. Darfur United is the first team ever established to represent the region in international sports.
- This film explores the growing grassroots football sub-cultures developing in unexpected places in China. Follow one of Beijing’s most prestigious independent teams to a Naxi village in the rural southwest to see what happens when old and new China mix on the pitch.
- In Texas, we follow the best amputee footballers in America as they come together for try-outs and the team’s first training camp in hope of representing their country in the Amputee Football World Cup.
Living on www.RiseAsOne.com, these digital shorts will serve as inspiration for the “Budweiser Heroes” programme which will focus on fan-submitted stories exploring how football sparks heroism and brings people and communities together for altruistic pursuits.
For more details on Budweiser’s creative content series and the Rise As One campaign, visit www.RiseAsOne.com
– Ends –
* 25+ only. Closes 8 May 2014. Full terms and conditions for the Budweiser Heroes programme are available at http://riseasone.com/en/gb/heroesTerms
About Budweiser & Football
Budweiser has a strong commitment to football globally, having served as official beer sponsor of the FIFA World Cup™ for over 25 years, and with an ongoing commitment through the 2018 and 2022 tournaments.
About Anheuser-Busch InBev
While Budweiser will serve as the official beer of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, Anheuser-Busch InBev will once again leverage its portfolio of beers around the world by extending local sponsorship rights to its leading brands in select football markets, including Brahma (Brazil), Harbin (China), Corona (Mexico), Jupiler (Belgium and The Netherlands), Siberian Crown (Russia), Hasseröder (Germany) and Beck’s (Italy), among others.